We have a page dedicated to Emotional, Social and Mental Wellbeing on our school website. Click the image above to explore the resources. This week, we would like you to watch the short video, introduced by the Duchess of Cambridge.
|Session 1||Session 2||Session 3||Session 4||
1. Use relevant video below -
watch either Mrs Jackson's Group or Miss Cook's Group
2. Complete today's Education City activity
1. Warm up your Maths brain with the BBC Supermovers warm up - Counting with John Farnworth
2. Work through the PowerPoint below - make sure you pause after each question slide to give yourself chance to answer (the answer slides follow each time).
3. Choose a worksheet to complete - there is a 1, 2 or 3 star challenge available.
If you are unable to print the worksheets, you can view the questions on screen and write your answers on your own piece of paper.
For the next two weeks, we are moving on to non-fiction texts. Non-fiction texts can be used to answer questions and provide information about a particular topic. We will be linking our non-fiction work with our 'Arctic Explorers' theme.
1. Watch this short animation on BBC Bitesize. There is also a quick quiz on the same page you may like to complete to check your understanding of question marks.
2. Watch this short BBC Bitesize clip of polar bears exploring their Arctic habitat (there is no narration) - we are going to focus on polar bears for our non-fiction writing.
3. Think carefully about what you would like to find out about polar bears. Using the sheet provided, or your own piece of paper, write a list of at least 5 questions. Remember that each question needs to start with a capital letter and end with a question mark.
Once you have finished, please ask a grown up to email your completed list of questions to our class email address - I will use your questions to make sure the information provided over the next week will help to answer your questions.
Today we are thinking about Christianity and saying thank you.
There are two short videos to watch.
The first video gives you more information about saying thank you, including Harvest Festival.
To watch the second video, click on the link under the first video. It shows children preparing for and visiting church to celebrate Harvest Festival.
Then you can choose the 1 star sheet or 2 star
sheet to complete.
Enjoy today's Story time video
10 x minutes reading - use your school reading book or access online reading resource - Oxford Owl - using the login instructions provided
10 x minutes spelling practise - Use the relevant sheet to practise this week's spellings. Please email via our class email address if you are unsure of which group to follow.