Good morning Class EJ,
Please find below today's timetable and activities. Don't worry if you are unable to print out any of the sheets, you can write down your answers / ideas onto your own paper.
Remember, a parent/carer can send photographs of your work to our class email address: email@example.com. Also, if you have any questions regarding today's activities, please use our class email address.
Well done to those of you who accessed yesterday's Phonics activities on Education City - don't forget to have a look for today's challenges I have set.
|Session 1||Session 2||Session 3||Session 4||
1. Use relevant video below -
watch either Mrs Jackson's Group or Miss Cook's Group
2. Complete today's Education City activity
Describing 2D shapes
1. Watch the short video below on 2D shapes.
2. Complete the sheet below.
3. Complete today's Education City activity
Thinking about a setting and describing it.
1. Recap all of the different settings in the story (you can always watch the video on yesterday's page to remind you.) Make a list. Remember, a setting is where a part of the story happens, for example the dock at the beginning.
2. Choose one of the settings to focus on. Draw a picture of the setting and then label what you have drawn. Remember, we have spoken about nouns and adjectives in the classroom. Start by labelling the nouns (people, places or things) and then go back and add an adjective to describe each noun.
You can use the sheet provided or you might choose to create a larger picture using paint or collage materials. The more detail in your picture, the easier your labels will be!
Thinking about kindness
1. Work through the slides
2. Make a kindness paper chain - cut up strips of paper (coloured paper works best if you have some at home) and write and/or draw different ways you can be kind on each strip. Then, make a paper chain out of your pieces. You could hang it up in your bedroom to remind you of all the ways we can be kind to each other. I would love to hear your ideas.
Enjoy today's Story time video - 'Leaf Man' by Lois Ehlert
10 x minutes reading - use your school reading book or access online reading resource - Oxford Owl - using the login instructions provided
10 x minutes spelling practise - use the relevant sheet below - check in your planner for your words.