We have strong links with our feeder pre-schools and nurseries and to ensure a smooth transition we:
- EYFS Leader / Additional Needs Leader visit the nursery / pre-school to meet your child and meet with key workers / SENCO to discuss your child’s individual needs.
- Receive and use any relevant paperwork from the nursery / pre-school for example, your child’s learning journey, any SEN or medical information.
- Parents meetings with your child’s class teacher before they start school.
- Arrange visits during the summer term before your child starts school in September.
- Meet with agencies already involved with your child for example, Educational Psychologist, Speech and Language therapist.
Transition between year groups also involves:
- Sharing of information between class teachers (including child’s profile, paperwork, successful strategies).
- Class swap days where your child will meet with their new teacher.
- Parents meeting in the summer term to meet your child’s new teacher.